The 6540-00278 direct read gauge is manufactured by Rochester Gauges in Dallas, TX, USA. The 6500 Series Senior gauges mount to a flange with a 2-1/2" 4-bolt circle [63.5mm] and are designed to be mounted for use in low-pressure tanks 0-25 psig [0-1.7Bar] containing diesel fuel, gasoline, fuel oil and lubricating oils. Some common applications include construction equipment, stationary generators, boats, farm equipment and home heating.
The TwinSite® dials (not included) allow for direct reading at the installation location as well as the ability to transmit the liquid level readings to a remote receiver or control box. This model features a 3-5/8” fixed support and a 2-5/16” length float arm. Each 6500 series adjustable gauge ships with a Buna-N gasket and (4) 1⁄4"-28 x 9⁄16" long bolts.
6500 Series Adjustable Gauge General Specifications:
- Temperature Range: -40°F to +158°F, -40°C to 70°C.
- Humidity: Paint exposed portions of gauge, less dial, for marine applications.
- Shock & Vibration: Suitable for mobile applications.
- Power: 0.5 watts maximum for TwinSite® versions.
- Tank Pressure: Up to 25 psig [1,7Bar]
- Accuracy: Accuracy depends upon proper gauge sizing. Senior dials ±7%, TwinSite® dials ±12%. Accuracy may be less depending upon tank shape. Accuracy may be less near full and empty. Accuracy may be less if tank is not level. This gauge is not to be used for filling. All accuracy estimates are expressed as a percent of full scale.
Materials of Construction*
- Head: Die cast aluminum
- Center shaft, Support Tube & Float Rod: Tempered aluminum
- Gears, Cross Stud & Bearings: Stainless steel
- Drive Magnet: Alnico
- Gear Housing: Acetal plastic or Aluminum
- Float: Nitrile rubber
- Gasket: Buna–N, 0015-00004 (optional 0015-00079)
- Direct Reading Dial: Aluminum with acrylic crystal, hermetically sealed.
- Optional Side Reading Dial: Aluminum with polycarbonate crystal, hermetically sealed.
- Optional TwinSite® Sender: Polyamide.
- Mounting Bolts: Zinc-plated steel 1/4”-28 x 9/16” long.
*Materials and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Pressure ratings subject to change due to temperature and other environmental considerations.
Note: For installation instructions see MS-501/502 (mounting standard).